This was the very first St Christopher's Inn in Europe, dating back to the olden days when travellers on the way to the south coast of England in horse drawn carriages, would stop for the night to recharge with a pint of ale by the roaring fire. Today this homely feel is still very much alive at this hostel above a traditional English pub - serving a menu packed full of British favourites, including Fish and Chips, and Bangers and Mash! The hostel also shares a check in, reception and breakfast area with the St Christopher's at the Village hostel on the same street - so there's plenty of opportunities to meet fellow travellers from all walks off life and you get to make the most of the on-site nightclub, cinema, comedy club, bar and restaurant - also at the Village. Add to that the fact that Borough Market and the Tower of London are on your doorstep from this location, and you're guaranteed to have a good time.
When you've finished tasting the many free food samples at the belly bulging Borough Market, an amazing walking route along the River Thames is only minutes away. After you pass The London Dungeons and Sir Francis Drake's ship - the Golden Hinde, this path heads west to take in St Paul's Cathedral, the amazing and free Tate Modern Gallery, the OXO Tower, Gabriel's Wharf, the British Film Institute, the Southbank Centre, the London Eye, and the Houses of Parliament! Needless to say, you won't be at a loss for something fun to do! This London Bridge location is also a short train ride away from Greenwich with its famous observatory where time is set, the Maritime Museum, the 02 Arena and the Cutty Sark tea clipper!
Services and Facilities
- Free Continental Beakfast
- Free Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Clean fresh bed linen provided and beds made before arrival
- Towels provided in the female only rooms
- Travel and sightseeing tips at reception
- Free lockers available in the rooms: A padlock is required. These can be bought at reception.
- Travel towels available to buy at reception
- Bar and restaurant on-site
- Cinema and comedy club on-site
- Basement nightclub on-site
- 24-hour reception
- Electronic key card access for the hostel area
- Credit cards accepted
- Secure luggage storage with coin operated lockers available
General Hostel Info
- Check-in / check-out time
- 14.00 check-in, 10.00 check-out
- A valid passport, photo ID or driver's license is required for check-in.
- No one under the age of 18 can stay at the hostel without being accompanied by a responsible adult. Anyone under-age cannot stay in shared accommodation with anyone who is not a family member or part of their group.
- Reception at The Inn is open from 7am until 1am. Check-ins outside of these times require special arrangement by contacting the hostel.
- Cash and most major bank cards are accepted. American Express credit cards are not accepted.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the building. Smoking areas are available outside.