The Newquay Hostel
You'll find St Christopher's Inn, Newquay perched on a cliff top, overlooking the beautiful Towan Beach. This stunning location on the southern tip of England is the perfect mix of sun, sand and sea. You'll also find the Escape Surf School in the same building - making this hostel in Newquay the perfect place to slip into a wetsuit and hit the waves. After a day of working out in the water, the on-site Belushi's bar and restaurant is the top spot to recharge and make new friends, as you enjoy the outdoor sun deck, summer BBQs, and all round good times.
This backpacker base in Newquay doesn't just connect you to one beach - it's actually close to eleven sandy shores, making it the perfect place to stay when the Zapcat King of the Waves speedboat competitions roar into the area and smash across the sea. Another annual highlight in the area is the Rip Curl Boardmasters Festival when, for a whole week, you can hit the beach for surf, skate, BMX and bikini competitions galore - not to mention the best live music in Europe.
If you follow the shores beyond the beach you'll find the ruins of Tintagel Castle - the legendary home of Merlin the Magician, Uther Pendragon, King Arthur and the one and only Knights of the Round Table. Another international tourism treasure in Cornwall has to be the nearby Eden Project - Britain's very first, self-contained biosphere and the cutting edge of all things environmental.
Services and Facilities
- Free Continental Breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Discount surf lessons for hostel guests
- Clean fresh bed linen provided and beds made before arrival
- Travel and sightseeing tips at reception
- Free lockers available in the rooms: A padlock is required. These can be bought at reception.
- Travel towels available to buy at reception
- Bar and restaurant on-site
- Private rooms available
- 24-hour reception
- Electronic key card access for the hostel area
- Credit cards accepted
- Secure luggage storage with coin operated lockers available
General Hostel Info
- Check-in / check-out time
- 14.00 check-in, 10.00 check-out
- A valid passport, photo ID or driver's license is required for check-in.
- No one under the age of 18 can stay at the hostel without being accompanied by a responsible adult. Anyone under-age cannot stay in shared accommodation with anyone who is not a family member or part of their group.
- Cash and most major bank cards are accepted. American Express credit cards are not accepted.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the building. Smoking areas are available outside.