Europe’s Famous Hostels: Pick of the Month: Copenhagen Downtown Hostel
St Christopher’s Inns are a proud part of the Europe’s Famous Hostels network - recognising the best hostels on offer in Europe. To make the cut you have to be borderline backpacker luxurious, with super friendly staff and travel tips coming out of your ears. This month we’re proud to present one of the newest members to join the network - Copenhagen Downtown. From them, to us, to you - here’s ten reasons why you should stay in this awesome backpacker base.
1. We’re a Famous Hostel! that means we were chosen as the best hostel in Copenhagen to become a member of the Europe’s Famous Hostel’s network, a selection of over 50 of the best hostels in Europe. As with all Famous Hostels, we were chosen as being the most unique hostel in town while sticking to the core values of Famous Hostels: safe, fun, a great experience and good value. We’re proud to be a member and we know that our guests love Famous Hostels too!
2. We love Copenhagen and want you to love it too. Our staff are passionate about this city and know it inside out. We can recommend the best places to see, eat, drink, explore, dance and even swim! Did you know you can take a metro to the beach, boat around the canal and even ice skate in winter? We love finding all the best places in Copenhagen and we are happy to share them with you.
3. We have one of the biggest bars in Copenhagen and one of the best happy hours! Yes it’s true. Our new creative space and live music venue - Copenhagen Downunder provides a whole new communal space for guests to enjoy music along with a fab cocktail bar, chill out areas and even swings! Whether it’s stand up comedy, late night DJs or morning yoga sessions, we have a unique space for our guests to enjoy.
4. Our hostel is fun. We love to party, we love to meet new people and we love to have a good time. Not only do we run one of the best value happy hours in Copenhagen and host live music three times a week, we also have plenty of parties too. Locals and travellers mix in our bars and if you can eat a cheesecake without using your hands, you win drinks on us!
5. We serve up a free dinner. Yes, free! So you can join our communal table, meet new friends and enjoy traditional Danish food - cooked by our great chef! We also serve food all day and an amazing buffet breakfast.
6. We are centrally located in the heart of town. Anything you want to see in Copenhagen is on our doorstep, whether it’s the art district, Europe’s longest shopping street - Stroget, or the famous free-town of Christiania. We are next to the main city square and you can walk to all the major sites from us. You can also hire a bike from reception and make like the locals do!
7. We are officially the Best Hostel in Denmark according to Hostelworld. In fact, we have won that award for three years! That means that our guests have voted us the best too.
8. We have a great atmosphere. Not only do we have a cool modern design and a cosy Scandinavian setting, we also have a great hostel vibe. We’re big enough to have lots of travellers from around the world meeting at once, and small enough to be cosy. We are happy to have great staff and guests.
9. We like to take care of our guests and that means asking them what they like (and dislike) about staying with us. Fortunately our ratings of 87% (on Hostelworld) tell us what they like - and we listen to all of your suggestions on how to make staying at our hostel the best experience possible. That’s why we offer everything from free iPad rental to free yoga. We rate 92% on atmosphere so we think you’re going to have a good time with us.
10. We have been chosen as THE hostel for Copenhagen as Hostelgeeks.com’s 5 Star Hostel. That means we are officially recommended as the best place to stay, rated on Sustainability, Eco-friendliness, Character, Staff, Design and being Atmosphere!